Here we are, at the end of another year. It’s been a crazy one. Lots of ups, lots of downs. Google did a fabulous job of summing up global events in their 2011 Zeitgeist video:
On a personal level, 2011 has been a year of discovery and growth. I visited Los Angeles for the first time, started a gym routine, and moved to a nicer part of the city. In the fall, I helped organize WordCamp Toronto, mentored at a Ladies Learning Code workshop, and retired from freelance web development.
What are my resolutions for 2012?
- Be involved in no more than three side projects at any time.
- Execute simple, iterative tasks. Start with the basics and build up.
- Be more responsible with my day-to-day spending habits.
- Drink more tea and less coffee, and cook my meals at home.
- Spend more time with family and friends.
- Read more fiction novels, and more biographies.
- Actively listen to a wider variety of music, and spend time appreciating it.
- Play the hell out of Star Wars: The Old Republic, Max Payne 3, and Grand Theft Auto V.
I’m fighting off the tail end of a cold tonight, so I’ll be ringing in the new year with peace and quiet. I hope you enjoyed your holidays, and I wish you the best in 2012.